24 October 2010

--Mapely Goodness--

I did it! I perfected the French Toast Cupcake! ...well maybe not PERFECTED - but they taste delicious!
The first time I made them, I used a box of white cake mix - added cinnamon, half and half, nutmeg, and a little bit of oil. They weren't as good as I had hoped. So I used a new recipe and made these new ones completely from scratch. The recipe didn't call for nutmeg, but I sprinkled some into the batter and added some extra cinnamon and maple extract, and it worked just fine! For the frosting, I used butter, powdered sugar, some brown sugar, and maple extract. ...I ran out of the maple - so on a whim, I tried to put some maple syrup in it. Surprisingly, it worked out great!! The frosting was a little bit runny, so I put it in the refrigerator and let it sit for about 20 minutes to thicken it up. I frosted the cupcakes and sprinkled cinnamon and powdered sugar on top. I think I may be on to something! Couple more batches, and I may have it down perfectly!

3 comments:

  1. Hi hun! Cute blog, I think we'd have a lot in common. I lived in 29 for a while and I LOVE baking! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww sounds amazing!!! And making me hungry since its 11 am and I am breakfast less. I hope your continue to blog more!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look perfect to me! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete